Discover the best of Indigenous Australian Art
Michael Reid Berlin is the trusted European home for Australian Aboriginal Art
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have lived on the continent of Australia for tens of thousands of years and their art is one of the oldest and most complex forms of human expression. It is for this reason that we believe the work of Indigenous Australian artists stands confidently in the global market and we are proud to be the only Australian based art gallery, that operates internationally, through our permanent space in Berlin, showcasing Indigenous art in Europe.
For decades Michael Reid and his colleagues have supported and exhibited Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art. In 2000, Michael founded Caruana & Reid Fine Art where he worked in partnership with Wally Caruana, the former Senior Curator of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art at the National Gallery of Australia. Together they placed significant pieces in art museums and private collections across Australia and internationally.
Today, the Michael Reid Berlin exhibition program includes solo and curated group exhibitions by the most significant Indigenous artists. Michael Reid Berlin is situated midway between London and Moscow and reaches out across Europe, to Australian art interested collectors and curators. The Berlin gallery is directly linked into a wider catchment of art galleries that offer a bridge between Australia and Europe in terms of selecting museum quality artworks for exhibition.
The specific focus of Michael Reid Berlin, is Aboriginal art. With a permanent base in Berlin, we offer European audiences the opportunity to engage with artworks not readily shown outside Australia.
Leveraging our depth of curating experience and our acknowledged eye for quality, we warmly invite you to explore and learn about Indigenous Australian arts and culture through Michael Reid Berlin.
We invite you to join us:
- Learn about the oldest form of artistic expression in the world.
- Discover unique artworks and artists.
- Support regional Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in Australia.
- Support urban Aboriginal artists.
- Our colleagues have extensive experience positioning museum quality artworks in both hemispheres and within every angle and facet of the art market.
- We understand the importance of a clear line of provenance and operate under celebrated ethical guidelines.
Communities & artists we work closely with:
- Papunya Tula Artists
- Maningrida Arts and Culture
- APY Art Centre Collective
- Regina Pilawuk Wilson
- Durrmu Arts
- Betty Chimney and Raylene Walatinna
- Artists of Ampilatwatja